A security system is an important way to keep a building safe. But with many different options, an interactive security system may be more appropriate for you. Here are 5 reasons why having an interactive security system can be useful:
- Email/text notification can be sent to you for events such as: system arming/disarming, low battery, power outage, and system alarm events. This feature allows for almost immediate notification in addition to the normal voice calls by a monitoring station.
- A Web based reporting platform allows you to retrieve reports for arming/disarming and alarm activation events. These reports can be printed or saved for future viewing.5
- Remote web based user code additions and deletions allow a business owner to modify user codes for employees via a web interface. This feature would save a trip to the site in the event a terminated employee’s code needs to be deleted from the system or if a new employee’s code needs to be programmed into the system.
- A web based interface can allow a business owner to manage multiple locations with the use of a single username and password.
- An interactive web based solution can allow you to remotely control thermostats; locks and lighting via a PC or mobile app. When the system is armed the thermostat can be set to a desired temperature and the lighting can be turned off. This could save big money on energy costs!
- Check your security cameras from your phone! An interactive system is an easy way to check in on your home with the click of a button.