CCTV is a type of digital surveillance that uses cameras to transmit video to a connected screen(s), where the recorded activity can be monitored. The following are reason why a camera system might be beneficial to your property:
- Neighborhood Watch Assistance – Camera systems for residential properties not only benefits the property owner but the neighborhood as well! Exterior cameras can help capture suspicious activity in the neighborhood before a crime is committed. Burglars tend to frequently visit their targeted neighborhood while planning their robbery; neighbors can capture this footage directly from their tablet or smartphone and notify their neighborhood watch group.
- Loss Prevention – According to the University of Florida’s 2005 National Retail Security Report, 47% of inventory loss is due to employee theft. If employees realize they are being closely monitored from every angle, they will less likely want to steal from the workplace. Aside from theft, cameras help create a safer work environment because it can also be used to protect the employees, not just the business.
- Video Surveillance = Evidence – Video footage can be that critical piece of evidence that will help police put resources into an investigation.
- Discounted Insurance – Many insurance companies offer discounted rates when you have a surveillance system installed at your business place.
- Smartphone Monitoring! – With the latest technology, people now have the option to monitor their home or business directly from their smartphones/tablets, when they are away from the property. If you are shopping around for cameras, feel free to ask us for more information about remote viewing capabilities! We are always more than happy to provide a quote, free of charge!